The Mother’s Journey course covers topics that range from pre-conceptional care and consciousness to care of the mother and her children as they leave the nest.
The course is primarily intended to equip the trainees with knowledge and techniques that enable them to teach Kundalini Yoga and Meditation to pregnant women.
- The Journey is divided into 6 weekend modules to choose from.
- Each module is 16 hours long.
- Candidates wishing to complete The Mother´s Journey need to attend at least 5 of the 6 modules in order to certify. The complete course comprises a minimum of 80 hours duration.
- The 2nd module is compulsory for those intending to obtain the certificate.
The other major objective of the course is to share the ancient and universal wisdom from the yogic tradition, which has largely been lost in the West. This includes principles of living, daily practices, recipes, etc.
There will be an exam upon completing all three weekends and then you will be certified to teach at the end of the course. Insurance cover will be available and we are aiming to have KYTA CEU qualifications and ultimately a seal from KRI.
The Basics of the Course
- The Secret of Life. Conscious relationships, sexuality, the lunar cycle, fertility, lifestyle, conception, incarnation, a mother´s prayer, the journey of the soul, pregnancy. (This is the most useful module for couples and prospective parents)
- Yoga in Pregnancy. Anatomy & physiology of pregnancy, changes in the 3 trimesters, Kundalini Yoga kriyas, postures and alternatives, priorities, minor ailments and remedies, meditation techniques. (This is the only compulsory module and the most useful for regular KY instructors)
- Labour: preparation, labour stages, the breath, dealing with “pain”, support, easing the birth process, mental blocks, riding the waves, medical interventions, unexpected outcomes, staying in touch, birth as initiation. (This module helps prepare pregnant parents for the birth process)
- The Puerperium: the 40 day postnatal period, mother initiation, challenges, feelings for the newborn, returning to the normal body, breastfeeding, accepting help, depression, mothering the mother, which exercises and when. (This is the most critical and enchanting stage of the Journey)
- Leadership and Liberation for Women: facilitating women only groups, menstrual wisdom, meditation techniques to strengthen one´s stability, handling intimacy and disclosures, our brilliant emotions. (This is a must for any woman hoping to empower others.)
- Conscious Parenting: early childhood and beyond, family nutrition, respectful communication, sibling jealousy, love and affection, communication skills, family karmas, yoga for children. (Empowerment from childhood or what not to do with children.)
In Nederlands the theme of the 6th Module is “The Numbers of the Journey” and is a Karam Kriya approach to the subject of the Course.
Note: None of the information provided during the course is intended to constitute or substitute medical advice which is regarded as essential, specially when symptoms deviate from the normal.
Prices can be per module or per Course, according to local Organiser. Please see local websites or contact the Organiser concerning this matter.